Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Cascading Drop Down Lists

Below find a few screenshots of configuring and using the custom field -

I have a list called 'Continents':


A second list 'Countries':


And a third list 'Cities':


In my fourth list 'My Location' in which I would want to have the three dropdowns displayed, I create three columns : Continent, Country and City using my custom field 'Cascading Drop Down List (With Filter)'.



The three columns created are -


Configuring the columns and using the filter -








When adding a 'New Item' to the 'My Location' list, the first dropdown will have "Please select an Item' (which is also something I added) as the first item in the dropdown.

Cascading Drop Down List (With Filter) in action:



According to the filter set, the list of continents that appear are only the ones that contain 'America'.




0 comments: